Friday, August 17, 2012

A Tattoo.

Finished piece of a character I thought up
named Nanji - it means warrior. By Arianna Hall

"However, 

every mark has its meaning..." 

- James Swan 1879


I find the constant argument of tattoos between all members of my family hysterical sometimes. The "elderly" or adult side rants about how ugly they are and how absolutely hideous they'll turn out to be when you're older and your body changes. However, the youth of our family argues that tattoos are art for life and have a significant meaning for that particular person.

And me, well, I'm in the middle I suppose. I think if anyone is thinking about getting a piece of art tattooed to their body for life, then they should at least draw in on themselves (or have someone else draw it on them) with a sharpie for 9 months to a year. This way, you'll see it often just like you would if you really had it. It gives you time to think "is this really the image or word(s) I'd like to keep on my body for the next 70+ years." So there you have it. A happy medium. Now if you want to present this argument to your parents (if you're under 18) then be my guest and see what they say. Remember, thinking things through isn't just for them, but you as well!
Sketch I did in 2011 by
Arianna Hall

Hey, I'm an indecisive person, I would totally want to change it within the next month probably - its color, size, image, whatever. Just make sure it's what YOU want. And not someone else (like your friends or your boyfriend, don't listen to them they wont be wearing your skin for the rest of their lives.) Unless they're cannibals, but then that'd just be creepy as poop. 

I donno about you but I'm super tired. So I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this one up. Sorry it wasn't a Vlog.. hopefully I'll have time to do one for you this month. The summer is getting pretty busy here at the end. Gotta finish up my AP art assignments and everything. This entry was rambling a bit and won't be as edited and pretty as the others so I do apologize for being inconsistent with teen rambles and normal people talk.  

Alrighty well as always thank you so much for listening and viewing. I hope you share some of my other blogs with your friends and what not. Please comment! I love to read what you guys have to say :) 

~ Enjoy, Arianna

No comments:

Post a Comment