Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stretch Your Galaxy.

"Noodle Worship Brainwash" 

Humans are made from the same carbon and hydrogen that exists in stars, yes, you are part of our galaxy.


The galaxy is also forever expanding and contracting, like it breathes. What if our mind was like a galaxy, every star particle was a piece of brain tissue, or neuron that connects ideas together. When we expand our minds, we open them to new ways of thinking, new thoughts, new ideas, a new way of seeing the world and life as we know it. And when we contract our minds, that way of thinking becomes habit and we grow comfortable with our ways. Soon after contracting, we begin to expand again. This is the growth and developmental pattern of a human mind. Like yin and yang you can't have one with out the other. Yet, some people choose to not balance their minds. They get stuck in the contracting phase and never seek new knowledge to exercise their minds. (*Cough cough* Which is exactly what huge corporations like Monsanto want so they can feed us all cancer... but that's a whole other entry.)

Milky Way Galaxy. The home of Earth.
Take an art assignment for example. Look above at the noodle piece I drew yesterday. The assignment was to draw a still life of a bunch of different noodles. So I got comfortable with the idea of drawing noodles and the different kinds.. but as I thought about how to make this piece interesting, I expanded my mind to create something much more interesting to both me and the viewer. I thought of the "all seeing eye" and idealism and how I could connect the two ideas together. Then I started to make a story behind my artwork, which is ALWAYS something you should do to create good art! My concept behind this is that the more plain macaroni noodles were worshiping the more interesting noodles that make up the pyramid. The noodle on the lower right hand corner is questioning why he's being brainwashed and is clearly upset about it haha. (Added for a little comedy.)

So something to think about is, whatever you do, see if you can stretch your mind to think of it in a new way. You never know what you'll come up with. Plus if you're a blogger yourself and you're having writers block or if you're an artist or musician and are stuck with the same old thing, take this advice. Try to talk about something you've never thought about before. Do some research, read a book (by the way I have a good book list to your right if you wanna choose one from there), go on a hike, do something that you've never done before to get that much needed inspiration and motivation back! Expand your mind like the GALAXY.

Thanks for listening!
Share my link if you like what I write :)
http://ariannajuliette.blogspot.com/
I love comments and always reply!! So leave one!
Comment if you're also interested in a t-shirt 
or visit the HEY YOU! WANNA SHIRT?! Entry to your right. 

~ Arianna

1 comment: